[OM] Re: OM-4T sold for $472.90 on 9/7/99 , ebay Item # 155751748

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-4T sold for $472.90 on 9/7/99 , ebay Item # 155751748
From: "Samuel Morales" <dolphans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 21:06:02 -0500
I tried to pull the current sales on OM-4T's on ebay and only found one
which sold on for $472.90 and it closed on 9/7/99.  It seemed to be in
pretty good shape according to the wording in the AD.

I once met a guy in Florida (true story) who was working at an Eckerd Drugs
.  I was talking about a spot meter and he overheard my conversation and
asked what kind of camera I had.  I mentioned the type, Olympus.  He then
pulled  a blk 4Ti from behind the counter and said he owned one also.  This
guy was a student (a kid going to college) and I looked at his camera and it
had a 50mm f-2 macro lens (zuiko).  I complimented the camera and he went on
to say he bought it at a pawn shop for $150.00.  I said , with the lens , he
said yes.  He then went on to say what the camera sold for new , so he knew
what he had .

The story seems unbelievable , but I assume it is true and is possible and
probably really did happen.  He gave me no reason to believe otherwise.

I guess deals can happen everyday it is all about being at the right place
at the right time.  Just like fishing.  I always here you should have been
here yesterday or the minute you left , you would not believe the fish we
caught.

I would love to buy a excellent OM-4T for $200.00 , I would buy as many as I
could afford.

Sam ...