Re: [OM] Re: quips from Vegas

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: quips from Vegas
From: Chris Barker <cmib@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 07:09:31 +0200

>This all brings me to the everyday survival of the Las Vegas freeways and
>streets. How can anyone with a collection of OM gear make it safely across
>or even escape out of this city without a Bronco, Subarban, Hummer (or
>something with a decent ground clearance) to take their pictures???
>The freeways are commonly littered with all kinds of construction debris,
>(lumber, bricks, even wheelbarrows and ladders) to clear. I have watched as
>the lexus, mercedes, common cars get wrecked by running into this stuff at
>70MPH

[...]

>How can any OMer get anywhere in this world to take their pictures without a
>Bronco?

[...]
>Catmaster

Sounds as if the Wild West has returned to Las Vegas.  Perhaps you ought to
make some serious representations to your elected leadership ...  you do
have some seriously beautiful scenery to photograph not far from (not more
than 1-2 hours) Vegas so I know it is worth getting out of the city.

Chris