RE: [OM] Bye for Now

Subject: RE: [OM] Bye for Now
From: Olaf Greve <Ogreve@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 09:53:34 +0200
Cc: "'olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Hi,

> I think I will take a hiatus from the list for a while. It really is not
> much fun with a small group of people dominating the list with flaming.

It seems I was "lucky" to not have a lot of time to read the list over the
last two/three weeks. This caused me to lose interest in the SUV threads
after the first message already, so all the rest made their way straight to
my trash can without being read at all. Now that people are actually leaving
it has me wondering what the content of those messages was, but as I've
already noticed that it's car-related it "leaves me totally cold" (a Dutch
saying for indicating that it's something in which I have zero interest)...

> The few contributions from thoughtful and courteous people are not worth
> the ugliness.

I've noticed that there were very few interesting threads over the last few
weeks. The only ones I cared to add to were the ADITL2 one, and one which I
started myself a few weeks ago (the one with the F280 + 50/3.5 + ext. tubes
working distance table), oh yes, I also made a small remark about the usage
of some HTML elements for the webring question.

I hope that the list quality will soon improve again now that we're in the
ADITL2 week. I, for one person, have already gotten some pictures which I
like and deem to be good enough to be entered. Furthermore, yesterday I saw
a really cool subject on the work premises, so today I'm armed with the 4Ti
and the 50/1.8 and 50/3.5 lenses (as well as some filters), now let's hope
the rain will make way for the sun, so I can get the very shot I want.

I try to focus on the nicer things this list brings us (such as the ADITL2
event), and cut through the SUV stuff, that works nicely for me. It's a pity
that people are leaving over this thread though. :(

Cheers!
Olafo