Re: [OM] Real OM-ers "Swing"??

Subject: Re: [OM] Real OM-ers "Swing"??
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 09:09:17 -0500
At 07:23 AM 9/23/1999 +0200, you wrote:
>This idea found favour with me.  Should the OM List not exclude all those
>who do not use swinging needles for, say, 300f their photography - not
>OM3s or 4s.  This would mean that there would be less to go wrong with the
>cameras on the List if they were dropped in salt water, that there would be
>no fruitless discussions about "Hilite" or "Shadow" buttons.

Chris,

I was going to say that I tend to swing both ways, but won't go there.  For
those with both types of cameras -- swingers and swingless -- we might need
to figure on a way to decide which way to go.  For example, it would help
if we could determine whether the OM-3/4 crowd tends to veer OT more, or
perhaps the other way around, and then people could follow their
predilections.

Then there are us OM-2S types -- not really accepted by the 3/4 crowd as
swingless, too uppity for the swingers.  OM Bad Boys.

Joel Wilcox
Iowa City, Iowa USA