RE: [OM] Bill Brand exposition in NY

Subject: RE: [OM] Bill Brand exposition in NY
From: "Harridge, Wayne" <Wayne.Harridge@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 19:50:08 -0500
Richard wrote:

> In todays Sueddeutscher Zeitung is a photo by Bill Brand. The
> reason is
> an retrospective in the International Center of Photography
> in New York.
> I imagine this might be an intersting exibition. Bill Brand has
> developed an special wide angle style, in high contrast b+w.
> Interesting
> is how he combined landscape photography with portrait and nude works.
> Some of his nudes are not recogniceable as it on the first view. They
> look more like works of Henry Moore.
> Are we seeing an Bill Brand revival? After years were his
> book went out
> of print a new book is anounced.

If you live nearby - see it.

I visited a Bill Brandt exhibition in Melbourne (probably 25 years ago), and
since he has been one of my favourite photographers.  Only wish I could
produce something of a comparable standard.

Wayne Harridge
Ivanhoe, Victoria, Australia
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Louvre/6152/