Re: [OM] toning prints

Subject: Re: [OM] toning prints
From: Colin Sheehan <csheehan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 21:37:08 +1000
I also have wondered whether there were other more "arty" toners around
(coffee/tea, etc) but of late, I am much more interested in the archival
properties of the fibre-based paper/toner combinations. For me,
permanence is everything after losing literally hundreds (over thirty
years worth) of RC prints and negs in a storage disaster. Fibre based
prints all survived intact. Never again, boys & girls! They are my
history.

I have used the Ilford Warmtone paper with the Fotospeed variable sepia
toner with great success.
Col

Chris C wrote:

> Can anyone suggest any way of toning prints other than with the use of
> store bought toners.  For example, I have been told that coffee can be
> used for this purpose.  Also, in what stage of print development is the
> print submersed into the toner?

Colin Sheehan
Cooran, Qld. Australia
csheehan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
So Much to Do & So Little Time -
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Park/9254/
HMAS Kanimbla Photographic Cruise -
http://members.xoom.com/ozcut/kanimbla.htm
Balkan Folk Music - http://www2.spiderweb.com.au/~csheehan
Woodford Folk Festival; A Photographic Tour -
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Park/9254/woodford.htm

Here's a general question - how do you season wood?
I use a combination of a worcestershire marinade and a blend of three
peppers.