Re: [OM] Using a flatbed scanner for slides

Subject: Re: [OM] Using a flatbed scanner for slides
From: "Keith (R.K.) Berry" <keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 17:25:15 +0100
>I have tried a flat mirror behind the slide, a light box behind the slide,
>a lamp behind the slide, white paper behind the slide and nothing worked.
If your scanner software allows for it, ensure that Transparency is switched
on. Before I bought my LightLid 35 I had some success with a translucent
plastic screen on top with a table lamp above that.

>>I received a suggestion on one of the newsgroups for a home-made
>>slide/negative adaptor for usewith flatbed scanners. What they
>>suggested was to simply fashion a right angle V with two mirrors and
>>place this over the slide. This collects the scanner's light and
>>reflects it back through the slide or negative. I haven't tried this
>>myself, but it sounds like its worth a try.
This was on H-P's website a while back - a sort of mirror tent for about
$19. It said "for US market only" which annoyed me immensely as it wasn't
electrical. That bit of restrictionism cost them one scanner sale - I bought
a Microtek flatbed instead.
I read somewhere that this tent thingy only works on some H-P flatbed
models.

Regards,
Keith Berry (Birmingham, England)
keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx