Re: [OM] OT: Looking for info on Fred Picker

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Looking for info on Fred Picker
From: Denton Taylor <denton@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 15:42:29 -0400
At 12:44 PM 9/24/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi, all :-)
>Last night at a local veterinary assn. meeting, a colleague of mine mentioned
>that a few years back he had gotten a newsletter from a photographer named
>Fred Picker. It was mainly on B&W and Zone System photography, I gather. My
>friend can't find any info on Mr. Picker now. If anyone can help locate him
>or provide any other info, it would be appreciated.

Fred Picker started a company called Zone Vi Systems to sell enlargers,
washers, view cameras etc. A few years ago he sold his interest to Calumet
(or at least they are distributing his goods). AFAIK the newsletter hasn't
been distributed in years. Fred Picker himself must be pretty advanced in
years.

His book 'The Fine Print' was very influential on me.

Regards,
Denton Taylor
Photogallery at www.dentontaylor.com
Panoramic and immersive imaging at