Re: portable cameras, was Re: [OM] SUV Bashers

Subject: Re: portable cameras, was Re: [OM] SUV Bashers
From: "Keith (R.K.) Berry" <keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 22:56:17 +0100
Michael Stoesz wrote:

>Depending on the situation, I usually carry either an Olympus Pen-S or
>Olympus 35 RC...

Nice choices. I still have my 35RC after twenty years and apart from having
to tighten up a neck strap lug it has been totally trouble free.

The Pen S was the first of many half frame cameras I owned (all gone now).
It was excellent for street candids because it was quiet and was already the
right way up when hung around my neck against my chest (nowadays it would
point upwards too much!), with my finger resting nonchalantly on the
release. The focussing was click-stopped so I didn't have to look down at it
while walking towards a 'victim' - then just paused in my step while making
the exposure. I used lots of bulk b&w through it for the purpose and very
few of the results showed the subject looking at the camera.

Regards,
Keith Berry (Birmingham, England)
keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx