[OM] T32 flash problems

Subject: [OM] T32 flash problems
From: Mike Butler <abutler@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 17:50:21 -0700
Hello to one and all,
        I'm re*submmitting this because I hope this was just lost among the SUV
fodder.  I apologize for the re-post if I'm really SOL and everyone is
too polite to say so.  I have searched the archives and have not found a
similar situation.

<       I just pulled my T32 out of the bag and started shooting but I
soon
<noticed that the "auto check" light was not doing its thing.  I am
using
<an OM-1n with a Shoe 4.  The "Ready light" works fine but even after a
<shot 10' from a white wall there is no check light like I am used to.
<The flash is firing but I have no way of knowing how much.  I have been
<using nicad's since I got the flash with no apparent problems but
today,
<two sets of freshly charged batteries only lasted 10 or 15 shots.  The
<same batteries, as is, then run my old flash (GN 15m) or my Winder 2
<with no problems.  Is this linked?  Lastly since flashes are inherently
<simpler although more dangerous than a lens or body, is this a DIY
<repair?
<       Of course this has to happen after I bought a OM-2s thinking I
had all
<the toys (tools) I was going to need for a while.  Unfortunately I
don't
<yet have the 2s to use for debug yet.
<Thanks in advance for your help,
--