Re: [OM] FW: 250 backs

Subject: Re: [OM] FW: 250 backs
From: "John Petrush" <petrush@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 21:01:03 -0400
I have used the 250 back several times.  I am fortunate enough to have the
Olympus loader expressly made for winding film from the 100 foot roll onto
the 250 frame magazine spool.  Makes it easy, but is not absolutely
necessary.  Steady, dry hands in total darkness will get the job done.

As for transport, my guess is you will find the Winder 2 or the MD with the
M.15.v NiCad power pack awkward to hold with the 250 back attached.  It can
be done, but it felt clumsy in my hands.  YMMV.  I use the M.18.v Grip 2,
much easier to handle.

Porcessing is definitely an issue.  I finally found a lab 100 miles away (I
live in the cotton fields of South Carolina, USA) that could handle 250
magazines.  It took a lot of calling around - all long distance - but I
finally found them.  You need a lab that caters to the professional and
motion picture set.

Best of luck finding one.  And be careful to watch the counter on top of the
250 back for frames remaining.  It is all too easy to forget how much
(little?) film is left and fire a bunch of frames imaging only against the
pressure plate :(

Dinkar Jhalera <djhalera@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> asked: