RE: [OM] a few questions

Subject: RE: [OM] a few questions
From: "Brian P. Huber" <bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 00:48:00 -0400
Shaun,
1. Yes, the entire OM series has depth of field preview, it is on each lens,
not the body.
2. Yes, there is a PC synch as well as hot shoe.
3. No, data backs are date only.
4. Check Lens tests on link at bottom of this post.  See especially Gary
Reese's tests.
5. My opinion, any of the f:2.0 lenses.  There has been lots of discussion
of this subject many times.  How much money do you have?

I had Nikkormat FtN, and Nikon FtN.  Switched to OM-1 in '75.  Moved up to
OM-2 in ~'77.  Big hiatus (kids and life) until '98.  Bought used OM-4 then
and it's been fun again ever since.  Love the lighter weight of the OM
series and the way shutter speeds are changed in manual on front of body.
Allows me not to remove hand from lens when holding body with right hand.
T32 and compatible Vivitar and Sunpak flash units are a joy to use in TTL
mode.
Brian P. Huber

Troy, OH
bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx

Does the om4 have Depth of field preview?
Does it hace a PC synch socket?
Is there a back available that will imprint shooting data (apperture &
shutter).  The recordback4 can't do this, right?
Among the zuiko lenses, which are considered to be the real 'shiners'?
Which lenses would you not go without?

I think that was about it for now.  Are there any out there on this list
coming to Olympus from a nikon background?  Can anyone share experiences
they've had with the om4?

Thanks in advance...
Shaun Van Poecke