Re: [OM] Re: I just caught wind that Canon is coming out with an EOS 3n

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: I just caught wind that Canon is coming out with an EOS 3n
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 09:34:20 -0700
>I wish Olympus would come out with something that would compete with the
>newer autofocus.

Not me.  I use OMs because of what they are.
Canon and Nikon along with Minolta have a few laps head start on
Olympus with pro autofocus.  Unless you include the IS series.
Not a pro system but really up to snuff for what they are.

Why would anyone buy an Olympus AF OM6?  Just for the name?
I would like to see an OMa - a for affordable.
We do have the OM2000 which seems to be much better than the
price would suggest.

My suggestion to Oly,  get rid of the titanium and the multi spot metering.
This would reduce cost and electronics.  There is my OM5a and OM6a.
A faster synch speed would be great.  And 2 second prefire which I
think the OM2000 has (both) already.

Charlie L.