RE: [OM] T32 flash problems

Subject: RE: [OM] T32 flash problems
From: Mike Butler <abutler@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 12:57:51 -0700
To all with words of wisdom and help,
        I thank you for you advice.  However in the process of trying new
alkaline batteries, the flash charged up in good time but 20-30 seconds
later there was an OMinous "pphhfftt" accompanied by a sickening smell
of burnt electronics.  I also found out my (new to Me) OM2s has the
green LED's, Oh well can't win em' all I guess.  So with nothing left to
lose I cracked open the case and found a trace on the PC board had
vaporized itself.  I think I can easily repair the burnt trace but I'm
worried something else caused the trace to fail.  There is a T32 needing
repair on Ebay, maybe if the price is right I can cobble one from the
two.
--
Mike Butler
Chief Mechanic / Engineer