Re: [OM] Re: I just caught wind that Canon is coming out with an EOS 3n

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: I just caught wind that Canon is coming out with an EOS 3n
From: "imagineero ." <imagineero@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 21:16:34 PDT
>Getting rid of spot metering  would see me gone from Olympus ..... I'd be
>looking for an R6.2 right away quick!!

Not spot metering, multi spot metering. Also I would not miss the highlight
and shadow buttons.

Personally I would say that the spto meter and the titanium bodies at affordable prices are 2 of the 3 points that differentiate olympus from any other camera on teh market with the 3rd of course being the incredible size and weight. Take away the spot meter and the titanium and what you would have is a cheap shitty body with no particularly advanced features jst like every other entry level camera on the market. It is extremely difficult to engineer a spot meter into a manual focus camera due to the focussing screens and Olympus has done a creditable job. I think I could hardly complain about the prices they charge.