[OM] one more astro Q please

Subject: [OM] one more astro Q please
From: Acer Victoria <siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 23:47:20 -0700 (PDT)
Erm, hope fellow listies don't mind too much that I left out the
obligatory SUV (and music and projector lamp and watch) content

OK, I get it that stars are a point source; no focal length will render
them anything other than points. But how dow focal length affect how fast
the trails form? How is the motion magnified when the point isn't? I've
been racking my brains over this one to no avail. Got my second roll of
astros today--a brilliant (pun intended!) success. Lovely, absolutely
lovely. Even got Jupiter (that sucker is BRIGHT!)

THanks,

/Acer "steppenwolf" Victoria
--
at spes non fracta