Re: [OM] one more astro Q please

Subject: Re: [OM] one more astro Q please
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 04:05:17 EDT

> OK, I get it that stars are a point source; no focal length will render
>  them anything other than points. But how dow focal length affect how fast
>  the trails form? How is the motion magnified when the point isn't? I've
>  been racking my brains over this one to no avail.

Each lens takes in a different angle of view. An apparent small movement on a
wide angle will become an apparently longer movement with a telephoto. Or in
the alternative it, the telephoto, will form a star trail faster. It has
nothing to do with the point source image. Did I understand your question
correctly?

Warren
-point, counterpoint