Re: [OM] one more astro Q please

Subject: Re: [OM] one more astro Q please
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 06:29:31 EDT
In a message dated 09/27/1999 2:44:10 AM EST, siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

>  But how dow focal length affect how fast
>  the trails form? How is the motion magnified when the point isn't?

Acer,
In my laymen's terms, I rationalize it thusly: (I hope I'm close)
I think it's like camera shake. Same amount of shake with a wide angle lens
won't ruin your shot as much as shake with a telephoto attached. Same amount
of movement, but much different results in the final print (or slide).
In the astro photo, the "shake" is substituted by the star movement (trail).
Again,
Hope I'm close...
George S.