Re: [OM] Zuiko 50/3.5 macro

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 50/3.5 macro
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 06:31:47 -0600
At 09:18 AM 9/27/99 +0000, you wrote:
>Hi all!
>
>I found a New Zuiko 50/3.5 in box, never used for sale at $225.

It's a steal.  I bought a *used* MC one for $230.00, from a List member who is
no longer a list member (he's disappeared over the last year...).  I'm assuming
yours is MC as well.  Don't know about SC, though.

>My question is wether it is worth it's price.
>Anybody got experience with it? How about it's performance? I have checked
>G. Reese's tests out, but I'd like additional information about the lens.
>Contrasty?
>Sharp?
>Easy to focus?

In order of your last three questions, "yes," "yes," and "no worse than any
other lens with a 3.5 max aperture."

>For use in general photography or do you recommend it only for macro shots?

I've used it as a general photo lens lens when I've only been able to take
along a single lens, knew that I'd be doing some macro work and wanted a
"double threat"-type of lens for the job.  Its performance is excellent.

Have no idea about your other questions, though.

Good luck.

Garth