RE: [OM] Re: OM5+6a - was - Re: I just caught wind that Canon is coming

Subject: RE: [OM] Re: OM5+6a - was - Re: I just caught wind that Canon is coming out with an EOS 3n (Long)
From: "Chip Stratton" <cstrat@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 13:33:45 -0500
Perhaps the last sop Olympus will throw our way (but probably it won't!) will
be a digital body that will accept all our lovely Zuiko glass. I can hope,
can't I?

It won't be too many more years before a 24x36 mm imaging chip (even a 24x32 mm
chip would be great) will be available for an economic price, and then a
digital body for our glass wouldn't be too great a technical challenge.

A chip that size would come close to capturing all the information our Zuiko
lenses can resolve - though dynamic range and color purity may still be quite
inferior to film.

Anybody at HQ listening?????

Chip Stratton
cstrat@xxxxxxxxx