Re: [OM] Re: I think if you took a poll of Olympus User's most would agr

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: I think if you took a poll of Olympus User's most would agree
From: "Tobias Andersson" <tox1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 08:50:46 GMT
Samuel Morales wrote the following:

I think if you took a poll of most Olympus Users , I said most would like to see Olympus come out with a PRO - AUTO focus. Yes I said PRO-Auto focus.

Just thought I'd open my mouth and say what I think.

I belong to the group that have no special desire for auto-focus. I have been using a Nikon F-401s for a period in my life, and that was not a very nice acquaintence. I missed probably one of the best pictures of my life, due to the AF. The little sucker just didn't want to fire. I can still see the picture in the viewfinder. :-(
Ok it's not a PRO-AF, but it had me dislinking AF.

The only time I'd like AF is when shooting people in messy party situations and in poorly lit conditions. Otherwise I'm fine with my Zuikos and my two quality-houses.

If I had AF there would be much more electronics that could break. I was out shooting a motor event a month ago, and I dropped my OM-2s from 1½ metres down on to the ground. He didn't complain or anything. Just kept shooting. An AF? Well I heard of a N*k*n F4 user that dropped his camera. It costed USD1200 to get it fixed.

If Olympus would start making a pro-AF camera, I would have to start buying a whole set of new lenses. Rather costly. There wouldn't be any used to buy.

I'm proud beeing able to get the pictures I want - without wonder-AF.

That's my oppinion
Tobias Andersson
Sweden.