Re: [OM] Lens Hoods

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens Hoods
From: Skip Williams <skipwilliams@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 08:55:07 -0400
The rubber 40/85/100 lens hood is my all time favorite for that range of focal lengths. I am looking for 2-3 more. And 55mm caps fit inside the hood real nicely, as you can't mount a 49mm cap deep down in the hood.

The hood for the 24/2.8 is also the exact size for a 72mm cap to fit on the end, so it stays mounted too.

BTW, anyone got an extra 40/85/100 rubber hood FS?

Skip

Later models of the hood for the 85/2 and 100/2.8 also have '40/2'
inscribed.  I now use this hood for my 50/1.8 with no problems, and reserve
the slip-on hood (with tightening screw) for my 35/2.8.  I agree with Doris'
comments - having three (four? twelve?) lenses in your bag with lens hoods
on certainly makes for less fumbling.  I'm looking for a new bag which will
allow me to work like this, quickly and efficiently, while protecting my OM
gear.

Simon E.