Re: [OM] lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] lenses
From: Pauls0627@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 13:06:35 EDT
In a message dated 9/29/99 12:24:56 PM Eastern Daylight Time, bigjoe@xxxxxxx
writes:

> I've heard that below about 28mm, significant distortion tends to occur
>  around image edges.  Is this something that is really a problem?  I'd
>  like to get as wide as possible, but I don't want to end up limiting
>  myself because everything looks funny through the 24mm lens...

 In Gary's lens tests, he describes the 24/2 as having "pronounced waveform"
distortion (or something like that). I own the 24/2 and don't find it
objectionable, or even noticeable on most of my images. I mostly use it for
landscapes, it may be an issue doing architecture, I suppose. I also own the
28/2.8, and I would say that the I have never noticed any obvious distortion
in any of the images I've taken with it.

Personally, I wouldn't worry about it too much!

Paul Schings