Re: [OM] lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] lenses
From: "Glen Lowry" <lowry@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 11:31:58 -0700
Hi Joey,
Yes wide angles are wonderful--I've got and use often all the Zuiko wides
from 21-35. In fact, a 35/2 or 28/2 stays on one of my bodies at all times,
kinda use it as a normal lens.  The thing that I like about wides is that
the force you to get closer to your subject and that  they provide you with
much more complex compositional possibilities.  Lately much of my so called
portrait work has been done w/ a 24 or 28--rather than the more traditional
head/upper torso shots with blurred background, these "environmental
portraits" tend to allow one to place the subject in a context which to my
mind gets more interesting w/ time.

In my experience, Zuikos tend to not to suffer from edge distortion as much
as other older or less precise designs and are actually very fine lenses
(see Gary's lens tests listed below.

I have a spare (redundant) 28/2.8 (MC in excellent condition) for sale if
you are interested.

Glen Lowry
lowry@xxxxxx

Gary Reese's test page: