Re: [OM] Re: Has anyone noticed a guy selling factory sealed Oly on ebay

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Has anyone noticed a guy selling factory sealed Oly on ebay?
From: GMcGrath@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 07:26:05 EDT
<< I have never heard of an insurance company actually replacing and item
with an item. >>

I don't know about this particular situation, but if he had "replacement
value" insurance, this would be the normal course. I had some items stolen
from a storage unit that my homeowner's insurance covered. The insurance
company replaced them with the closest available item. In the case of the
aforementioned camera gear, since the OM-1 is not in production, the company
would look for a "similar" item. I would think they'd replace it with an
OM-2000, but it may have been before they were on the market.
The "replacement value" option is available on most insurance policies, and
is not very expensive, usually. Might be worth investigating for those who
don't have it. ( No, I don't sell insurance ;-)  )
HTH,
Greg