RE: [OM] Re: Has anyone noticed a guy selling factory sealed Oly on eba

Subject: RE: [OM] Re: Has anyone noticed a guy selling factory sealed Oly on ebay?
From: bhinderks@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 08:37:44 -0700
At 10:12 AM 9/30/99 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>> Can it be legit.  I just think he must have great insurance.
>> I have never heard of an insurance company actually replacing and item
>> with an item.
>
>Moreover, he claims his stolen OM-1MD was replaced with a brand new OM-4Ti,
>nice trade, eh? I should contract the same insurance company and wish some
>burglars would raid my place...:)

Hi,

Hate to pour water on your theory BUT  6 or 7 years ago my OM1/50 1.8 were
stolen. Fortunately my insurance broker worked with the adjuster and in the
end I ended up with an OM-4/50 1.4 - they were all that was available at
the time. The insurance company issued the cheque direct to the camera
dealer and the whole transaction only took a couple of days. In chatting
with my broker he confirmed that the insurance company would rather pay for
the more expensive camera than pay to replace all the lenses (4) that I had
for the Oly system if I ended up with another camera system. Best part was
they recovered the OM! some 8 months later in another province and I was
able to buy it back from the insurance company for less than market.

Barry H