[OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #1175

Subject: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #1175
From: Bob Heater <bheater@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 1999 00:45:57 -0700
Hello all,

I'm new to the list.  I've been an olympus fan since getting my OM1 back in the
mid 70's.  I still have it and it still works, but could use a good going
through.  My question is, has anyone here had experience with Abilene Camera
Repair?  I'd appreciate any input on them.
I also have an OM2n, a Pen FT, a 35 RC and XA.  All of them are getting regular
use.
I've been enjoying reading the list for a couple of weeks now.  Especially the
discussion about the OM4Ti that was dunked in salt water.  I'd had my OM1
about 4 months when it went swimming in a stream a few hours out of St. Louis.
It was a nice clear stream, I'm glad of that.  Anyhow, the friend I was
visiting taught chemistry at a university in St. Louis (George Washington?) so
we took it up there when we got back to town and put it in a vacuum
dessicator overnight.  Except for the meter not always shutting off, it's been
working flawlessly ever since - well over 20 years.  The meter shuts off if
you put the shutter speed down to a 250th or faster or stop the lens down to
it's smallest aperture with the meter switch in the off position.  An
amazingly tough little camera.   Well this is enough rambling.  Thanks in
advance for any info on Abilene.

Bob

P.S.  My wife and I are considering buying a SUV.  Does anyone have any
 thoughts on that?   : )