Re: [OM] scratches inside metal hood -cause for concern?

Subject: Re: [OM] scratches inside metal hood -cause for concern?
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 1999 21:07:46 EDT

> I am still puzzled by how blacking the lettering on a 50/3.5 macro objective
>  ring could affect it's imaging. No part of the lettering is within the
angle
> of
>  view of any part of the lens glass on the two examples I have available to
> look
>  at (an older and a newer MC variety), so it defies (my) comprehension how
> the
>  lettering could have any effect.
>
>  Are we talking about a lens of different construction here? Any other
>  hypotheses?

I stilll have this green marking pen you use to mark the edge of CD's to
improve fidelity and give a more natural-like tone. Maybe it will also
improve my Photo CDs and also my lens hoods? You can also triple its
effectiveness by storing your green marker inside a crystal pyramid (or so
I've heard). :-)

Warren