[OM] Re: your mail

Subject: [OM] Re: your mail
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 05:48:38 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 4 Oct 1999, Alan Green wrote:

> I have an OM40 Program (PC) and just recently an OM4Ti. I was excited to get
> the camera and shot around 8 rolls of film playing with the spot, highlight
> and shadow. I also took some of the same shots with the OM40 with ESP on. To
> be honest, I compared the shots and couldn't see much of a difference.

    Which film(s) did you use ? Print and or slide ?

> don't know whether this reflects on my amateur efforts, or Olympus's clever
> electronics on the OM40. I deliberately shot all close ups of flowers with
> strong areas of light and shade and found the OM40 coped really well.

    The OM-PC/40's metering system is embarrassingly good, specially
when one considers how simple and fast to work with it is.

> I don't know whether to be sad about the OM4Ti or really pleased with the
> OM40!!!! Anyone else had experience of having both these bodies?

    I have OM-3's and PC's. Most of the time I use a hand-held
meter to choose exposure, IMO the spot meter in the situation you
describe can be used to great advantage. Though an OMPC, a grey card,
and a bit of bracketing would probably yield better results. There's
NOTHING to be sad about in owning an OM-4ti, except the price. :)
*******
                                      *= Doris Fang =*