[OM] Re:

Subject: [OM] Re:
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 06:43:52 EDT
In a message dated 10/04/1999 2:49:30 AM EST, awgreen@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> I have an OM40 Program (PC) and just recently an OM4Ti. I was excited to
get
>  the camera and shot around 8 rolls of film playing with the spot,
highlight
>  and shadow. I also took some of the same shots with the OM40 with ESP on.
>
>  be honest, I compared the shots and couldn't see much of a difference. I
>  don't know whether this reflects on my amateur efforts, or Olympus's
clever
>  electronics on the OM40. I deliberately shot all close ups of flowers with
>  strong areas of light and shade and found the OM40 coped really well.
>
>  I don't know whether to be sad about the OM4Ti or really pleased with the
>  OM40!!!! Anyone else had experience of having both these bodies?

Hi Alan,
I've used both bodies for a number of years and while I never compared them
directly (mmmmm..... a new test- OM-PC vs. OM-4Ti in a head-to-head
contest)....I have been pleasantly surprised in how well the OM-PC copes with
difficult lighting situations. I have one preface- maybe those shots you took
with both bodies did not have too difficult lighting. Only you can tell us if
you used the 4-Ti's unique controls when using that body.( Hilite, Shadow,
spot, multi-spot)  One other possibility- - If you're using print film, I
think the combination of wide exposure latitude and the automatic minilab
type of processing plays a huge part in the end result.
If you shot slide film I think you'd see a difference between bodies. If you
are shooting slide film, then the results are a testament to the OM-PC's ESP
meter, and your talents. But I think in order to draw a conclusion, we must
know how deep you went with the 4-ti's features. Heck, either way, you should
be thrilled if your results are "keepers", IMO.

Regards,
George S.