[OM] OM on Everest

Subject: [OM] OM on Everest
From: Chris Barrett <cpbarrett@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 11:44:09 +0100
Quite by coincidence, I recently read Chris Bonningtons book on his 1975 climb
of the Everest SW face. Olympus contributed all the cameras to this expedition
(all lead climbers had OM1 and 70-150 zoom), plus a whole range of lenses. They
proved to be extremely reliable.

Also in His book "Mountaineer", Chris Bonnington says he uses OM gear (it
includes a back cover photo of him with his camera). This was published in the
mid 1980's. I don't know if he is still an OM user.

Chris Barrett
Malvern