[OM] Re: OM40 vs OM-4Ti

Subject: [OM] Re: OM40 vs OM-4Ti
From: Pauls0627@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 07:50:35 EDT
Welcome to the list!

In a message dated 10/4/99 3:49:30 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
awgreen@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> I have an OM40 Program (PC) and just recently an OM4Ti. I was excited to
get
>  the camera and shot around 8 rolls of film playing with the spot,
highlight
>  and shadow. I also took some of the same shots with the OM40 with ESP on.
>
>  be honest, I compared the shots and couldn't see much of a difference. I
>  don't know whether this reflects on my amateur efforts, or Olympus's
clever
>  electronics on the OM40. I deliberately shot all close ups of flowers with
>  strong areas of light and shade and found the OM40 coped really well.

Were you using print or slide film? I rarely use spot/multispot with print
film. With the wide latitude, it's not necessary, IMHO.

I've heard the ESP metering on the OM40/OM-PC is quite good. To me the
biggest advantage in the OM-4(Ti) is the control I have. I think I would end
up second guessing the meter too much with the OM40 (and probably screw up my
results in the process!)

Don't forget the other advantages of the OM-4Ti: interchangeable screens and
backs, full synchro flash with the F280, titanium covers.

Paul Schings