Re: [OM] Re: your mail

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: your mail
From: Skip Williams <skipwilliams@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 1999 07:51:40 -0400
I've got both and OM-PC, a OM-4, and an OM-4t, and the pictures are usually indistinguishable from each other, maybe even better where the ESP metering can shine.
My major plus/minuses comparing the two cameras:

OM-PC

+ Slightly better general handling with its rubberized coating on the front.
+ Amazingly accurate ESP metering. This and program are the major advances that I wish made it into the 4/4t + Program mode. This is very nice when you're out taking snapshots, it just means one less thing to worry about.
+ 2-series focusing screen included
+ Full manual mode, vs the OM-10 manual adapter (yuk!)
+ Cost
- Slow motor drive speed vs 4/4t
- Inability to attach T series flashes off-camera except with the quirky shoe cord
- Somewhat Inferior build quality to the 4/4t.

OM-4/4t

+ Superior build quality and durability, exp with titanium top
+ Easier T-series flash attachment and versatility
+ 5fps Motor
+ Spot and average metering
+ Interchangable focusing screens
+ Longer exposure times (not used much
+ Super FP flash with the F280 for daylight fill
- Price

As a conclusion, I'm thinking of selling my OM2n since I got the OM-PC. I REALLY like the PC as an extra body. I think it is THE extra body to have, and at US$100-130, you can't beat it for price, especially vs. the 4/4t.

Skip