Re: [OM] Scanners for negs/slide with a sane $$$

Subject: Re: [OM] Scanners for negs/slide with a sane $$$
From: Chris Barker <cmib@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 99 07:03:26 +0200
~~~~~ elvis3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx said:

>Hi All,
>
>Looks like I am about to take the plunge into digital hybridization.
>Looking into getting a scanner to scan negs from my OM (see Olympus
>content!!:).I see that Olympus has a scanner.  Was wondering if anyone has
>used it and
>what the quality was like?  Was thinking of the HP Photoscanner but would
>like to keep all things in the family. Any other recommendations?
>
>Elvis

Elvis

I'm about to buy a Minolta Scan Dual which  has an optical resolution of
2450dpi.  This appears to be the best compromise between price and
quality that I can afford.  The Olympus ES10 has a res of about 1700 dpi.

I'm open to suggestions as well...

Chris

mailto:cmib@xxxxxxxxxxx
mailto:cmib@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx