Re: [OM] Using the F280 for portrait lighting set-up

Subject: Re: [OM] Using the F280 for portrait lighting set-up
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 18:58:37 -0700
Olaf wrote,

===Options 2 and 4 sound most interesting, 2 is cheap and easy to implement,
if
and only if the right connectors are available, option 4 is probably the
nicest as it will mean you will have an additional flash (which is also more
suitable for macro work), but it is more expensive and money is currently
not exactly groing on trees for me...

Any suggestions?======

My input is,

A T-32 with a long cord would be best for TTL exposure.
I would personally recomend a Vivitar 383 with the camera
on manual and a flash meter.

With the F280 perhaps you could mount it somehow to face away
from the subject and bounce it into a big piece of foamcore.
Use auto, not super fp.  The super fp eats power (I understand).

Use foamcore for a fill reflector and maybe as a way to bounce some
extra light into the shadows under the face.  Put the whole thing as
close to the subject as possible.  Just out of the frame.

Outdoors the super fp is limited (I understand) to 1-1 lighting ratios
with ambiant light.  Not very creative.

For outdoors I would start by using the flash for fill near or on the
camera.

Charlie L.