[OM] Spot metering technique [was: RE: [OM] Re: ]

Subject: [OM] Spot metering technique [was: RE: [OM] Re: ]
From: "Wiese" <wiese@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 16:56:55 +1000
With all due respect, the technique of metering three faces and a suit seems
to me a little on the overly-complex, time-consuming side... it would seem
to me easier and faster to take one spot reading and adjust it to suit the
target tone - perhaps 2 stops under from the suit, or 1 stop over for fair
skin - and I would have more confidence in the final exposure.  Multi-spot
metering in this situation seems like overkill to me - what would of course
be nicer is a usable exposure compensation system - perhaps replacing the
tiny hi-light/shadow buttons with one exp comp button with a thumb-wheel
around the spot button..... maybe on the, err...ahem... long awaited
replacement for the OM4Ti - kinda like the top right of the Eos3...

<dodges flying wonderbricks>

Cheers

Andy