Re: [OM] Spot metering technique I understand

Subject: Re: [OM] Spot metering technique I understand
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 06:35:02 EDT
Andy,
I understand you don't want any flames, and please don't take this as such,
but so many different people use the 4/4Ti in so many different ways, that
whatever works for each one of us is the "correct" way. I, personally, use
the multi-spot feature the most. To me it's just easier than figuring:
"How many stops over or under should I go from that ONE spot meter reading or
from the center-weighted reading that I just took?" Many others might say
there's an "easier" way for them, that's fine. I just got into the habit of
going- bang,bang,bang with the spot readings on the areas I need to expose
properly.
I see multi-spot metering as a wonderful tool, not overkill. But whatever you
use is the right way for you, maybe you would be happier with that EOS 3, I
dunno.
I don't use the hilight/shadow buttons hardly at all, and, yes there IS
another couple of ways the exposure dance *could* be done, but why lose sleep
over it, (not saying you are) and just enjoy ? !

Regards,
George S.