[OM] solution to OM4Ti mirror and shutter lockup?

Subject: [OM] solution to OM4Ti mirror and shutter lockup?
From: Blaz Vrabec <blaz.vrabec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 12:55:39 +0200
Yesterday I experienced a problem, which was already discussed on this
list. Because I don't remember if there was ever any conclusion I am
posting my findings.

After I pressed the shutter release the mirror locked up and the shutter
stayed opened. I couldn't release it even when setting the shutter speed
dial to red 60 or B. I inspected the camera a bit and I noticed that the
mode switch was not entirely in its proper position. It was between Auto
and battery check (only a few milimeters from auto). I set it to batery
check and the shutter closed. (WOW!)

After I finished that roll of film I began experimenting a bit more. I
could repeat the problem every time I tried it.

Here is what I did:
I put the mode switch between auto and battery check (or manual). After
pressing the shutter release my camera locked up. I set the mode switch
to batery check (manual) an the camera unlocked.

It would be interesting to know which cameras are prone to this problem
(4Ti, 4, 2s, ?).

If this has been discussed before I apologize for repeating the subject.

Blaz