Re: [OM] T20 + OM2 - fill flash?

Subject: Re: [OM] T20 + OM2 - fill flash?
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 20:06:51 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 12 Oct 1999, Dirk Wright wrote:

> >Manual mode? I'd take that as "set flash to GN20 (switch at full left, I'd
> >guess), and lens aperture is calculated as 20/distance to subject which
> >can be read off lens barrel. Keep this stuff in metric, mind you! Don't
> >get feet and metres mixed like the Pathfinder project did ;-0
> >

> Yeah, I understand what you're saying, but that will not give me fill
> flash, as in just a little kicker to light up the eyes in the subject but
> still have everything else exposed with natural light.

   It easily can do just that. You can attenuate its power by placing
translucent material (lens tissue, piece of a milk/water plastic jug, etc)
over the reflector. Run some tests to establish your new GN. Manual flash
use remains the most precise means of establishing flash exposure.
   There is one other thing you have not considered, and it is that the
ambient light temp and that of the flash may not be exactly the same. You
may have to place slight filtration over the flash for them to match.

                                    *= Doris Fang =*