Re: GO WITH THE 4T ALL THE WAY [OM] om4 vs om4t

Subject: Re: GO WITH THE 4T ALL THE WAY [OM] om4 vs om4t
From: "Samuel Morales" <dolphans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 01:32:20 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: Chris C <yj.canavos@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wednesday, October 13, 1999 12:43 AM
Subject: [OM] om4 vs om4t

CHRIS,
 GO WITH THE 4Ti.  Olympus NY and Longbeach no longer service the OM-4 which
makes me wonder how long will the parts be available.  The OM-4T has the
full syncro flash mode with the f-280 flash which is nice but the guide
number is not very good.  So your subject has to be pretty close to get even
coverage.  If your too far away to fill the frame you get light fall off on
the edges w/ the f-280 flash , if the setting is dark , but bright enough to
shoot at a fast shutter speed. Still it's nice to have.

For the money your saving buying the 4 you might end up recouping if you
decide to sell at a later date because of the newer model and higher demand.

Just my thought !  Sam ...