Re: [OM] Critique and Burn Question

Subject: Re: [OM] Critique and Burn Question
From: Pauls0627@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 10:21:21 EDT
In a message dated 10/13/99 10:09:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Ogreve@xxxxxxx
writes:

> What's the list's opinion on this? Do we allow such manipulation, or don't
>  we?

I don't see any problems letting people digitally manipulate their stuff as
much as they want, but if there is any significant manipulation beyond minor
changes in cropping, brightness, contrast, etc... then it should be specified
and detailed. Just like we supply the camera, lens, exposure information, and
film data with our submittals, the digital data should be included as well
(software, filters, dodging, etc...). The same would apply to an image
manipulated in the darkroom too, I suppose.

All IMHO, of course.

Paul Schings