[OM] Question on X/FP switch

Subject: [OM] Question on X/FP switch
From: Dan Lau <dlau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 12:29:29 -0400 (EDT)
I know that the X/FP switch of the OM-1 and OM-2 controls both
the PC socket as well as the hot shoe contact (I've wasted my
share of shots due to the switch being bumped).  On the OM-1n
and OM-2n, it was changed.  My question is which of the
following is true:
- The X/FP switch on the OM-1n and OM-2n controls only the PC
  socket, the hot shoe contact is always X sync?  Or,
- The OM-1n and OM-2n sets X sync when the flash ready signal
  is received from a T* flash, otherwise the X/FP switch
  controls both the PC socket and the hot shoe contact.

In other words, with an OM-1n/2n, do I have to worry about the
X/FP switch with third party (i.e., non-T* compatible) flashes.
Thank you.
        -Dan