Re: [OM] Critique and ADITL

Subject: Re: [OM] Critique and ADITL
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 14:42:39 -0500
At 09:42 AM 10/13/1999 -0700, you wrote:
>Does anyone mind if I enhance contrast/brightness to get the image to
>look better to me on my monitor?  If so, speak now.  In ADITL1, I
>basically assumed that the way it was sent was the way it should be
>presented and got no complaints.  But some of the images are much
>improved by a click or 2 of contrast addition, at least IMHO.
>
>Please let me know how you all feel.
>
>George

George,

It would bother me a lot if you had to do this for me.

Part of the problem may be that folks get the image looking the way they
would like in Photoshop or whatever and then it looks a little different in
Netscape or IE.  For this reason, I always open my original (big) file in
Photoshop and then go to File > Open in Netscape and IE and look at the web
version in those browsers.  Frequently I have to make adjustments in the
web version so that it looks similar to the original. I would recommend
that people do this for themselves so that George isn't stuck feeling like
he needs to do it for us.

Joel Wilcox
Iowa City, Iowa USA