Re: [OM] Critique and Burn Question

Subject: Re: [OM] Critique and Burn Question
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 20:44:05 EDT
In a message dated 10/13/1999 7:27:49 PM EST, Wayne.Harridge@xxxxxxxxxx
writes:

> I say we allow any manipulation that the maker wants.  If you allow only
>  some manipulation, where do you draw the line ?

Which is why I vote for no manipulation. It's " A Day in the Life ", not " A
Vision in the Mind of the Submitter. " I want to see an image that is as I
*could* have seen if I was where the photographer was when he tripped that
shutter.
Just my 2c, I don't want any flames because I see others' points too. I think
we all have to make some allowance in our minds when we understand we are
viewing an image on the computer screen, and not viewing a print directly.
Which I realize is an argument to allow the submitter manipulation of the
image! Geez!
But if we are allowing critique of the images, isn't the best software
program, and/or computer operator going to shine, and not necessarily the
best *photographer* ?

George S.