Re: [OM] last week sky spectacle

Subject: Re: [OM] last week sky spectacle
From: Christopher Biggs <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 15 Oct 1999 10:37:32 +1000
Gary Edwards <edwardsg@xxxxxxxxx> moved upon the face of the 'Net and spake
thusly:

> Acer, Chris used the term "CONUS" - that means continental US.  The target
> bird, an unarmed but otherwise stock
> Minuteman was launched from Vandenburg AFB - that's what you saw and
> photographed.  The interceptor kill vehicle
> was launched from Kwajalein atoll in the Marshall Islands group aboard a
> two-stage derivative of a Minutman
> ICBM.  The Minuteman reentry vehicle and the kill vehicle met much nearer
> Kwajalein than California.

So next time the US Air Farce want to stop themselves from nuking an island in
the South Pacific that they've already nuked the living shite out of, they'll
have no problem?  I'm so impressed.

Chris "Expecting to be nuked by fifty merkkan zuiks any second now" Biggs.

p.s. Seriously, rocket science is cool.  I just wish the industry
would get over thier artillery fetish and build some *real* space
vehicles.  Anyway, I'm more worried about those missing suitcase nukes
than ICBMs.

ObOly: I'm building my own darkroom.  Any Aussie zuiks know where I
        can get a used enlarger for 6x6 and 35mm?

--
| Christopher J.  Biggs | EMAIL: chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (PGP and MIME OK)  |
| R&D Software Engineer | PHONE: +61 7 3270-4266  FAX: +61 7 3270-4245   |