Re: [OM] omPC- what is esp metering

Subject: Re: [OM] omPC- what is esp metering
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 02:57:12 EDT

> The recent discussion of the omPC has got me wondering about its light
>  metering system.  The term esp metering was mentioned can someone please
>  explain this to me.

This is a simple matrix metering system that compares a small spot type of
sensor in the middle of the photo to the surrounding area using averaging
type metering.  If there is a difference then it will bias the exposure
toward the single spot sensor. This obviously mades it useful for portraits
where the background is darker or lighter than the subject. (Someone might
want to correct me on whether it works both ways.)

Warren