RE: [OM] Critique and ADITL

Subject: RE: [OM] Critique and ADITL
From: "Harridge, Wayne" <Wayne.Harridge@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 07:25:07 -0500
Following this thread, but responding to nobody in particular, I would like
to make the following comment:

Most people might think that adding restrictions to an activity (don't
add/subtract anything from the scanned image, keep off the grass, etc.)
reduces the opportunity for creativity, however I feel the opposite is true.
The more restrictions that are added, the more creative people will be in
subverting these restrictions, e.g. look at some of the creative schemes
that people came up with for escaping from POW camps during WW2. I'm happy
to go with the majority on this one, however I do not feel that George
should make any change to the image as submitted by the maker, even
adjustments to brightness or contrast.

Wayne Harridge
Ivanhoe, Victoria, Australia
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Louvre/6152/