Re: [OM] ADITL

Subject: Re: [OM] ADITL
From: "Alexander Fisher Wilson" <a.f.w@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 19:12:30 +0000
If it is true that an  image can  look so much different from one monitor to
another, what is the point of George adjusting submitted images? Perhaps his
adjustments to suit his monitor  will adversely affect the image as seen by
others on their monitors when they view the gallery.

However, I am not convinced that such big differences in brightness and
contrast, etc.  are caused by monitor differences rather than scanning or
photographic faults. I suggest that he accepts the work as submitted and
leaves the group critique to point out any flaws which can be remedied in
future submissions. I think George has enough to do in his excellent work
without having to be a sole arbiter of standards.

Alex Wilson