Re: [OM] Assumed reflectance of film for OTF

Subject: Re: [OM] Assumed reflectance of film for OTF
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 12:29:00 EDT
Hans writes:

<< Olympus investigated the reflectance of 55 best selling films and averaged
it.
They found no more than 20 0eviation (= 1/5 stop) from this average in colour
film, and 30 0eviation (1/3 stop) in b/w film.

Source: Die Welt des OM Systems, Franz Pangerl. He claims to have asked the
question to Maintani himself. >>

Thanks very much for that valuable quote!  I seem to recall when I first
posted my film reflectance measurements that nobody knew an answer to the
question "What did Olympus base their assumptions on?"  Sure looks now like
the film industry has killed the assumption that OTF metering mimics 18%
reflectance.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV