[OM] (Fwd) New body choice - OM2 or OM4????

Subject: [OM] (Fwd) New body choice - OM2 or OM4????
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 20:42:05 +0000
From:          "Steve Friedland" <sdf@xxxxxxxx>
To:            <owner-olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject:       New body choice - OM2 or OM4????
Date:          Thu, 14 Oct 1999 23:14:32 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0053_01BF1699.DFC06AC0

I know from watching the postings for a few months that my topic has =
been discussed before. Notwithstanding that, however, I have reviewed =
the archives and can't say that I my issue has been discussed directly =
on point. So I am seeking your opinions on the following subject:

I have owned an OM-1 for twenty years (since high school). I recently =
rekindled my interest in photography and bought a second body, an OMG. I =
added two Zuikos to my bag (35 f2.8, 135 f3.5) to go along with my =
existing 50 f1.8 and 28 f3.5. I also purchased two zooms, a 28-85 =
f2.8-3.8 Kiron and a Vivitar Series 1 70-210 f 2.8-4. I have found that =
over the summer I have been using the OMG as my main camera because I =
like the automatic setting. I guess I am getting lazy in my old age.

My problem is that I have a desire to purchase another body and I don't =
know if I should or if I do what it should be. I thought for a while =
that an OM2 was the answer. It fit in my price range and seemed to have =
the auto features of the OMG in a sturdier, more versatile body. I have =
become concerned, however, that the OM2 may not be a good choice because =
of the lack of parts and the fact that it might not do much more for me =
than the OMG. My current thinking is to save my money and try for an OM4 =
because 1) it is still supported by Olympus and 2) It has features the =
OMG (and OM2 for that matter) does not have, like spot metering. The =
downside is that it costs a lot. What are some of your opinions on the =
choice between the OM2 and the OM4? Or, dare I ask, are there any other =
opinions you might suggest?

------=_NextPart_000_0053_01BF1699.DFC06AC0

<HTML><HEAD>

Rest snipped - Giles